Stand Here and Think of Something you are Grateful for!
Recently, I updated my bulletin board at the office with the message: “Stand here and think of something you are grateful for!” I casually left a pen hanging from a string and went on with life. After a couple of days, much to my delight, there were several messages left behind at the end of the day. A couple messages from the staff, but most of them were from the kids and their moms.
May I share some of them with you:
- I am thank for my family and food
- The people in my life.
- For daddy coming home from Afghanistan next week. (She actually spelled the country correctly!)
- I am grateful for my heart beat, mom, dad and Disney.
- I am grateful to be alive.
Over the past several weeks I’ve caught my staff staring with a smile at the bulletin board at the end of the day as they viewed new entries. We have all enjoyed reading them immensely. I couldn’t help but to include my own:
- I am grateful for the four month old who rolled over for the first time during the well child visit, to the laughter and squeals of delight of his parents.
May we all find gratitude in everyday life.
Dr. de Freitas