Stay Healthy this Winter
It’s simple: A healthy family begins with healthy parents. Children pick up on the habits of their parents and are more likely to exercise, try new foods, or wear helmets if mom and dad do. This winter, demonstrate healthy behaviors to your children with these tips:
- Wash your hands! This is the most important way to prevent spread of colds and the flu.
- Eat your fruits and veggies. Vitamin C and antioxidants help boost your immune system. Eating your nutrients is better for you than relying on supplements.
- Find ways to stay active, even in the cold weather! Bundle up and take a walk or go for a hike.
- Don’t forget safety during winter sports. Everyone should wear helmets on the slopes.
- Get plenty of sleep. People who get their rest are better equipped at fighting off illness.
- Take time for yourself. Your kids will learn the power of independence and the need to rest, relax and revive.
Many families have busy schedules, but with a few changes, you can make staying healthy a priority. You will teach your kids a lifetime of healthy habits!