Making Healthy Eating Fun, Part 2
The mommy blogger event is fast approaching. I am in the midst of preparing a talk on picky eating and thought I would share a few tidbits along with this week’s recipe. Check back after the event on 4/29/15 for my full post.
Model healthy eating to your children (yes that means eating your broccoli)
Don’t make the dinner table a battleground
Think of the variety your child eats in a whole week instead of one day
Have your children help buy and prepare meals
Check with your pediatrician to be sure your child’s height and weight is appropriate
This week I am featuring Naan Pizza Stick’s from Jimbo’s Naturally.
1 package whole wheat naan flatbread, cut into 1.5 inch strips
½ cup pizza sauce
4 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh or dried oregano for garnish
Additional pizza sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
3. Place naan strips on baking sheet. Spread sauce over strips and top with mushrooms and cheese.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bubbly.
5. Garnish with oregano and serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.
This is a perfect finger food for after school, parties or serve with soup or salad for dinner. Enjoy!